Welcome to OCTM
The Oklahoma Council of Teachers of Mathematics (OCTM) is a community of mathematics teachers and educators. We are a state affiliate of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM). The members of OCTM promote effective teaching of mathematics by providing teachers with resources, publishing newsletters and a journal, providing professional development opportunities through our annual conference, and connecting members to each other and to information beyond our state.
OCTM serves as the public voice of mathematics teachers and PK-20 students in the state of Oklahoma. The goals of OCTM are:
- To foster excellence in school mathematics curricula, instruction, and assessment.
- To create a climate throughout OCTM that demonstrates respect for, and a valuing of, diversity.
- To stimulate students’ interests, confidence, and learning in mathematics.
- To strengthen leadership in, and service to, mathematics education.
- To foster excellence in professional development throughout the preparation and the career of teachers of mathematics at all levels.
- To encourage research and development in mathematics education.
- To identify and influence the forces of change affecting mathematics education.
- To collaborate and communicate with groups having interests related to excellence in mathematics education.